Thursday, January 23, 2014

Day 23- A Banking Drive thru First

Today was a hard day for a "first." I went to bed last night with what I thought was a pretty good idea for a "first" but in the light of day it turned out not to be so great an idea.

So, I'm stuck with the day passing quickly and not many opportunities that I see for a first.  I needed to go to the bank to deposit a check.  I thought about what I might could do there for a first.  I've never robbed a bank but one of my rules for a "first" is that it can't be illegal or immoral.  I've never deposited a million dollars at one time either.  Still haven't.

As I drove up to the drive-thru lane, I thought to myself, "I've never told the lady at the drive-thru that Jesus loves her. Hmm, not an earth shattering first, but still a first.





When the nice lady sent my deposit slip out with my weekly allowance, she asked me if there was anything else she could do for me.  I considered asking how well she cooked seafood.  In an effort to remain on good terms with the lady that has access to my banking information, I refrained from that idea.  Instead, I said, "No ma'am, thank you and don't forget that Jesus loves you."  She said, "Yes, sir."  She said it fairly enthusiastically.

The thing I like about today is that I was forced to look for ways to get out of the routine.  I was seeking for a way to make life more abundant.  Some days are busy and there is not a lot of time to do a "first."  Even in those days, if I can share the love of Jesus with someone that ordinarily I would not think about doing, then it's been a better day; a bit (OK, a tiny bit) more adventurous and helpful than otherwise.

Glad for the little pieces of the abundant life

Barry

3 things I thank God for today
1. John 15:9 (you can look above rather than looking it up)
2. A fun evening spend hunting with Joel
3. News that the Haiti team is having a spiritually enriching week


No comments:

Post a Comment