Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Day 50- Chocolate Mint First

Today is National Chocolate Mint Day. I found this on a holiday website several weeks ago and put it on my phone appointment calendar for today so I would not miss it.  This is a holiday made for me.  I celebrated National Chocolate Mint Day today as my "first."

Very early in the day, I had a York Peppermint Pattie and a Klondike chocolate mint candy.  I had never seen one of Klondike candies before last night when I was shopping for today.  At lunch I remembered that Dairy Queen had been advertising a mint Oreo blizzard.  Dairy Queen is just made for a celebration.  Tonight, I have Junior Mints waiting.  In the words of Kramer from Seinfeld, "Who's gonna turn down a Junior Mint? It's chocolate, it's peppermint -- it's delicious!" I wanted to have some Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream to go with it.  I stopped at a convenience store on the way home from Birmingham and they did not have any mint chocolate chip ice cream. What's up with that? I guess they ran out with everybody celebrating National Chocolate Mint day.


 
Yes, that is the big box of Junior Mints. I will not eat them all tonight.

 
I did not put that pepper on the blizzard

I even sort of dressed for it

Happy, happy, happy holiday

Some things are just enjoyable.  National Chocolate Mint Day was not hard to celebrate for me.  God has given us many gifts that are just enjoyable.  I enjoy my wife. We have lots of fun together.  People told us that the first year of marriage would be the hardest.  At the end of the first year we looked at each other and said, "Woohoo, if that's the worst year, this is going to be one fun life together." Marriage has been a lot of fun for us.  I enjoy playing with my children.  We have lots of fun playing, joking, and just hanging out together. I enjoy laying down and snuggling with my children at bedtime each night. Worship is really enjoyable to me. I'm very grateful that God has given us the privilege of singing to Him, giving Him praise and thanks, and telling others how great He is.  I read somewhere where someone said something like (you can probably tell I'm having trouble running this quote down), "Preaching is sitting at the feet of Jesus and telling others what you've seen."  I wish I could do that better, but it's a great challenge.  I love beautiful sunsets and sometimes I'll even sing something like "How Great Thou Art" or "How Great is our God."  Truly parts of life are hard and very difficult. It's not all enjoyable, but there are lots of enjoyable gifts to receive with thanksgiving.  Let's not forget to enjoy God's good gifts.They help us to rejoice in the Lord always.

Grateful for the abundant life

Barry

3 things I thank God for today
1. Chocolate mint
2. Purple
3. A fun wife


No comments:

Post a Comment