Monday, February 24, 2014

Day 55- A Fondue First

Laura and I went out of town to celebrate our anniversary today (it's not till Wednesday but you celebrate when it's a good time for the babysitter).  We decided to eat at a fondue restaurant. I've never eaten at a fondue restaurant and it's been over 20 years since Laura has eaten at one.  That's my "first" for today.

A good "first" it was.  The food was delicious and the staff was excellent. The lady that greeted us when we came in was super nice as was our server. Even the owner came by and was extremely nice to us.  A good time was had by all (meaning Laura and I).  We had a spinach and artichoke fondue that we dipped assorted breads, chips, apples, and vegetables in with great delight.  We also had a flaming chocolate turtle concoction that we dipped Rice Krispy treats, bananas, cheesecake, strawberries, brownies, red velvet cake and other things in and found to be extremely pleasant to the old palate.  We really had a fun time.



My sweet and beautiful date all bundled up for the chilling 60 degree weather in Florida

Spinach and artichoke dip

Dippers

A happy couple with flaming chocolate (not to mention hearts).

Our waitress even brought Laura a rose- notice the chocolate with the candied pecans

All gone

We have been known to both go after that last bite of dessert

Laura even tried dipping her lemon from her water in the chocolate

Pictures of food are really not a great indication of how good something really taste. If you want to know how good something really is, you have to taste if for yourself.  I can testify that tasking the food is much better than looking at a picture of it.

The Bible says in Psalm 34:8- "O taste and see that the Lord is good; How blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!"  As a follower of Jesus, I need to taste for myself how good God is.  I love to read stories about people who follow Jesus. When I hear someone share their story about following Jesus, it is very encouraging to me.  Just reading about someone else's story or listening to someone else's story is kind of like looking at pictures of food.  It's good, but you really need to taste it for yourself.  We all need our own stories about following Jesus.  We need our own stories of answered prayer, God's faithfulness in hard times, the Spirit enabling us to overcome fear, giving us a great marriage, enabling us to forgive, etc.  We need the stories for ourselves and as evidence to those around us that God is really good.  I enjoyed a good meal, but I sure enjoy Jesus and Laura a whole lot more. Now, I think I'll go rub my belly for a while.

Tasting for the abundant life,

Barry
3 things I thank God for today
1. Very, very sweet people who take care of our children so Laura and I can go out of town together
2. Lynn's bread pudding with caramel sauce
3. Goodness of God

No comments:

Post a Comment