Sunday, July 27, 2014

Day 208-A Children's Choir First

Today, I went to our children's choir and asked the students there some random questions for my "first."

Our children's choir meets during our Bible Study time on Sunday evening. I do not teach children's choir. I teach an adult class at night and it is at the opposite end of the church from the children's choir.  So, I thought I'd go down there and hang out with them for a few minutes before my class started.  The ages there are kindergarten-6th grade.  I have pictures of the ones that wanted to be on the blog; some did not want their picture taken and I respected their decision.

Here are some of my questions and their answers (this is similar to what I did with the teens last week).
What is your favorite verse of Scripture?
John 3:16
1 Corinthians 13
Jeremiah 33:3
Isaiah 41:10 - One of my very favorites
Philippians 3:8

What is your favorite Christian song?
We Believe - Newsboys
Trust and Obey
Amazing Grace
Shout to the Lord
Were you There?
Bless the Lord, O My Soul
You are my All in All
How Great Thou Art
Me Without You-TobyMac

What is something you've really enjoyed about your summer?
Swimming at the pool
No school
Going to the beach
No homework
Sleeping a lot

What is something you like about church?
Learning about God
Seeing my friends
Getting to hang out with other Christians
Vacation Bible School
Hearing about missions

It was pretty cool to hear these young students talk about things relating to the Lord.  I want to be an encouragement to all age groups to grow in Christ.  No matter what age we are, we need to be growing in our relationship with Jesus.









As I thought about this "first," it occurred to me that all of us need to be able to talk about Jesus and what He's doing in our lives.  Jesus is active in our lives and is working to make us more like Himself.  I find that I must consistently ask myself, "What is God working on in this season of my life? What is He teaching me and how is He molding my character." Those are good questions for adults.  Our children and friends need to hear us talk about our relationship with Christ in natural and conversational ways like He is real; because He is.

Here's a good challenge. See if you can tell at least one person this week about one concrete change Christ has made in your life.  You can say something like, "Before I became a Christian, I really struggled with ____. After I gave my life to Christ, He changed this in my life and replaced it with ____."  Of course, don't say blank, actually fill in the blank with something Christ has changed in your life.  2 Corinthians 5:17 says, "Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come." Let's talk about the wonderful changes Christ has made and bring glory to Him.

Glad for the changes Jesus makes in the abundant life
Barry

3 things I thank God for today
1. Our children's choir
2. Grape juice
3. Soap and that I don't have to make it myself


No comments:

Post a Comment