Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Day 113- A Bragging First

Today I ordered some supplies for the church.  One company I called had a lady named Elaine that was the customer service representative that I talked to. She was very helpful.  She was cheerful on the phone. She had good knowledge of the products.  She made ordering products a pleasant experience. 

When I was about to hang up, I told her that she had been very helpful and that I would like to tell her supervisor that if there was one available. She said there was one available. I would have been surprised if there had not been; especially when I told her I wanted to brag on her.  In just a minute, her supervisor, Beth, came on the line and I told her what a good job that Elaine had done. She thanked me for telling her that. I bragged to a supervisor on the phone about her employee's phone skills for my "first."

A pleasant phone experience

A sweet young lady with good phone manners

Help a brother or sister up


It seems to me that we live in an age of much complaining and blaming. In our country, we have it about as easy as any civilization has ever had it, but we still complain.  You hear things like the government is ineffective , the prices are too high, traffic is too congested (not on my road), service is not efficient, and on the list can go.  As believers, we can easily get sucked into the complaining and blaming game. Anybody can complain or blame.  However, I don't think it is a very good witness for Jesus; especially if we can not or will not do anything about the complaints.

1 Thessalonians 5:11 says, "Therefore encourage one another and build up one another, just as you also are doing."  I want to be the kind of person that brightens other people's day by smiling, speaking a kind word, or just being polite.  Of course, if there is an opportunity to brag on Jesus, that's even better.  As followers of Jesus, we are not to just float along with the complaining culture. We are to be different.  Why not look for someone to brag on tomorrow? It brightened my day today and hopefully Elaine and Beth's day went a little better as well.  Now, if this stupid computer was not so hard to work with.... I mean, I thank God for my computer that helps me post my "firsts."

Bragging on Jesus in the abundant life
Barry

3 things I thank God for today
1. Courteous customer service reps
2. Pictures and videos posted online by our Ugandan Mission Team
3. Kindness of God that leads to repentance (Romans 2:4)



No comments:

Post a Comment