Friday, May 9, 2014

Day 129- A Plan Ahead First

Today was haircut day.  The sweet lady that cuts my hair is obviously very good at what she does because she stays booked well in advance. So, the way this usually works for me is that I call and ask for a haircut. The nice lady that answers the phone  will ask when I want my hair cut.  I say, "How about today or tomorrow?  I don't want to be demanding or anything.  The nice lady does her best to either stifle a laugh or not insult me ( which she does very well) and says she is booked for 2-3 weeks. Then I say OK and book my appointment and pray for a cancellation.  I then hang up and wonder, "who in the world books a haircut 2-3 weeks in advance or further?  Apparently, a lot of people.  I wake up one day and see I need a haircut and call to get one.  It would seem that the whole world does not think like me.  Praise The Lord someone just said.

So, today after my haircut (there was a cancellation; yahoo) I made my next haircut appointment.   I learned this is called pre-booking.  It sounds like betting on a horse race to me.  Today, I prebooked my next haircut appointment for my first.




This actually sounds pretty smart.  It is not like my hair will hit a growth spurt and need one 2 weeks sooner or anything. Of course, the possibility exists of a conflict arising and I can't make the appointment but even if that happens I will not be worse off than I usually am anyway.

This is where I would post the pictures I took today.  However the internet is down at our house so I am posting from my phone.  This is also a first. One day I will post pictures to my blog from my phone but it seems like that will not be a first for today.  Please use your imagination of pictures of my family's hair.

This seems like a good first to talk about procrastination. I think I will put that off till another day.  Procrastination is a weakness of mine. I tend to put off things like scheduling a haircut, scheduling a dentist appointment, or an eye check-up.  These are just the ones I feel comfortable sharing at this moment.  Putting off decisions we need to make for Jesus can be deadly.  Those are just too important to put off.  The decision to surrender your all to Christ is one that really needs to be done today. If y hair gets a bit shaggy, that is no big deal.  If I waste my life by not surrendering to Jesus, then that is a tragedy.  The Bible says today is the day of salvation.  We are not promised a chance for tomorrow.  Please give your life to Jesus today if you have not already done so.

Grateful for the abundant life today
Barry

3 things I thank God for today
1. Haircuts
2. Rabbits
3. Waffles

No comments:

Post a Comment