Saturday, May 31, 2014

Day 151- A Bug First

I was in Wal-Mart a while back and I saw a Bug Zapper for sale. I thought that it looked like fun but didn't buy it. Several days later I was back in there and saw it again. It hit me; there's a pretty fun "first" waiting to happen.  I bought it.  Tonight, I pulled it out and killed bugs with my bug zapper for my "first."

Joel has been bugging me (pun intended) about using the Bug Zapper ever since I bought it.  He asked about it tonight and I needed a "first" and so Joel put the batteries in and outside we went.  As good hunters, we sort of baited the bugs.  We turned the porch light on.  Hannah Grace and Laura said they didn't care to participate in this "first."  Joel and I could not figure out why not.

It worked pretty well.  If you hit a bug with it, you can light him up.  We hunted the porch lights first, but then walked around in the dark just swinging it and killing some. My son thinks this is awesome; his word. He is looking forward to some fun this summer with the bug zapper.












Was wondering how this would work as a paddle; just kidding of course

Joel was having lots of fun with this.  Hannah Grace heard him laughing and having a good time and decided to give the bug zapper a try.  She said it was kind of fun and kind of sad
 
 

We don't like bugs much at our house.  The mosquitoes in particular give Joel problems.  They seem to like to bite him more than anyone and he tends to react worse to them than anyone.  So, we like to eliminate the bugs because of the aggravation they cause. I was especially glad to kill a horsefly tonight with my Bug Zapper. I hate horseflies.  Those rascals bite hard and they are really fast. I don't fool around with a horsefly. I try to eliminate them as quickly as possible.

This reminds me of how we ought to treat sin.  I need to hate sin like I  hate horseflies.  If I did, I would not want to be anywhere around sin. I would not enjoy it at all. Sin would be absolutely repulsive to me.  This reminds me of Romans 12:9, " Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good."  I do need to hate what is evil.  Sin is evil.  When I lose my hatred of sin, it helps me to think of what it cost Jesus to pay for my sin.  When I contemplate the sufferings of our wonderful Lord and think that was for my sin, that thought helps me to remember to hate sin and see sin as evil.

Hating some things for the abundant life
Barry

3 things I thank God for today
1. Cheerful Vacation Bible School workers on VBS work day
2. Reminders to hate evil
3. Joel's baseball pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment