Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Day 134- A Viewing First

Today, my family and I watched a Youtube video together on the TV for a "first."

I saw this really cute Youtube video on my computer today.  After viewing it, I thought that the family would enjoy seeing it.  Usually, this means we all crowd around my computer and try to see it.  Then I remembered that Youtube icon on the Wii thing. I've kind of half-hearted tried that before but it didn't work great.  Today when I came home the whole family was in the living room and not watching TV (that's a good thing right there).  I asked if they would be interested in watching a video and they said yes. When I brought it up, it played really well.  Everybody enjoyed the cute video about kids making up a Mother's Day Song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyzHYlYr88o). In fact, the children liked it more than I thought they would.  Hannah Grace asked to see it a second time. Then she looked for it on I-tunes to download on her I-Pod.  It was not on I-tunes.

After that, I started playing some Tim Hawkins clips.  He is a Christian comedian that I really enjoy.  The wife song that he does is particularly funny to me.  We had some good laughs hanging out together this afternoon.

The Mom song video that we enjoyed

Funny guy, right here




Usually when I come home in the evening I just let the kids watch something (that we approve of certainly) while I read or do something on the computer. This is assuming that homework has been done (pretty big assumption).  I decided to try the Youtube thing today and it just took a few minutes to see if it would work. I've tried before briefly (months ago) and it buffered too much to really be able to enjoy it (we don't have high speed Internet).  Today it was fine. There are probably some horrible videos on Youtube I guess, but there are some really good ones as well.  You can watch sermons, songs, and Tim Hawkins.  Of course, we don't let the children have access to that unless we are around to help.

So, instead of a mundane evening, we had an evening with a few laughs and fun times together. It really helps me to think of my mental diet; what I'm putting in my mind affects to much how I feel and what I do.  Philippians 4:8 says, "Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."  That is a lot easier when I make conscious choices about what I'm watching and reading.

Watching for the abundant life
Barry

3 things I thank God for today
1. Tim Hawkins
2. The dentist was able to put the crown back on my tooth that fell off last night
3. Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment