Thursday, May 1, 2014

Day 121- A Fun Run First

Today I had to take Hannah Grace to the doc and then to Wal-Mart to get some meds. Nothing serious; just a reaction to some lipstick or something.  She and I got to hang out together a good bit today. She has a new app on her I-Pod that she has really been after me to play with her. Not only can I play this on my phone, but we can play against each other with her on her I-Pod and me on my phone.  I played Fun Run with Hannah Grace as my "first."

I'm not real big on playing games on my phone.  The Kindle is my favorite app.  Reading is much more fun to me that tapping that little screen trying to make little figures do something.  Hannah Grace really wanted me to do this as a "first" so I did.  I had never really done a game where someone plays on their gadget and I play on mine and we compete against each other. As you might guess, I'm also not very good at these little games.  Hey, I'm over 30 (I know I'm a lot over 30; that's not the point) and someone over 30 has a small chance in the app games against a 12 year old.  I played against the computer people and came in last on the first race. Then I managed second.  I think it was the third or fourth try that I actually came in first.  Woohoo, let's race. Hannah Grace was very encouraging the whole time saying things like "You're doing good, Daddy," and "That's great, Daddy."

When I raced against Hannah Grace, I came in 2nd out of the 2 of us.  The next time, I actually won. I was feeling pretty good about that until Joel said she let me win.  When asked about that possibility, she confessed that she let me win. I'm not sure if that's really sweet or kind of sad.


Hanging out



I came in 2nd on this race - Hannah Grace did not compete in this one.

We even chatted with each other; people she does not know cannot chat with her
 
Hannah Grace won; I came in 2nd


We had a lot of fun playing Fun Run.  After I raced her, I gave my phone to Joel and he raced her a few times.  It made for a pretty fun afternoon.  I probably won't play Fun Run by myself that much.  It's not that much fun to me.  Without Hannah Grace's interest, I'm pretty sure I would never have played this game.  As a matter of fact, I'm not sure when it got on my phone. When she asked me to play I told her that I did not have that app.  She said, "Oh yes you do, Daddy."  I vaguely remember giving one of the kids permission to download that on my phone.

I played Fun Run because Hannah Grace wanted to play. She let me win because she thought I would enjoy winning.  Sometimes you do things because someone you care about wants to do that.  When is the last time we did something just because Jesus wanted to do that with us?  Jesus said in John 6:38- "For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me." It's a pretty good question to ask occasionally, "Is Jesus having a good time with me?  Am I doing what He wants to do?"  If not, we might be found grieving the Spirit.

If you want to play Fun Run, watch out for the 12 year olds.  If you want to have more than just fun, ask Jesus what He wants to do with you today.

Seeking His will for the abundant life
Barry

3 things I thank God for today
1. Medicine that is easily accessible
2. Fun kids
3. Tiger Butter (a candy my wife makes)

No comments:

Post a Comment