Friday, October 3, 2014

Day 276- An Audio First

My family and I went prayerwalking at the church this evening. We have revival services scheduled for this Sunday thru Wednesday (y'all come).  In preparation, different folks from the church have been going to the church and walking through the various classrooms  praying for revival.  Our prayer committee gathered prayer requests from each class and posted them on the wall so that people will have some specific things to pray for.

After I was done, I was waiting for other family members to finish.  We all went to different classrooms.  As I was waiting, I saw a deal on my phone that said tips.  My phone recently had some updates and I guess I should learn what these are.  I clicked on the tips button and it seems that I can now send audio texts to people. I sent audio texts to my sister (Darla) and a friend tonight for my "first."

My sister audio texted me back pretty quickly.  Hannah Grace then sent her an audio text while waving to her. I explained this was audio not video and she said she knew but she still wanted to wave.  We got an audio text back from Darla and my great-niece, Kadence. This is pretty cool stuff.  I asked Joel if he would like to audio text. He said, "I'm good."  My friend has not replied yet to the audio text.  It's been over an hour or two. I also tried to text Laura but it seems her phone does not receive audio texts.  There was no microphone where it was supposed to be.

This seems like it has the potential to be really cool.  How about grandmothers' texting their children or grandchildren; OK, it will be the grandchildren.  I can see some texts flying back and forth in that scenario.  For me, it's pretty cool because I don't have to type stuff out and then try to decide if I want to correct the spelling mistakes.  Is this worth correcting or do I assure that people know it's hard to text and spell correctly with that little keypad and big thumbs?

While I've been typing, I sent Hannah Grace off with my phone to take pictures for the blog.  Here's a sampling of what I got back.














As I thought about this "first," I remembered John 10:27.  It says, "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me." I'm glad God has enabled me to hear His voice on several occasions.  I've heard His voice as He called me to come to Him for salvation. I'm grateful I heard His voice as He called me to preach His Gospel. I'm grateful that I've heard His voice as he's convicted me of sins, led me to marry Laura, and numerous other things.  When I say I heard His voice, I don't mean that I heard an audible voice. I sensed in my heart a strong compulsion about these things that just would not go away. When I surrendered to this "voice," there was a great sense of peace that I was doing what God wanted me to do.  Of course, I try to make sure the "voice" is true to Scripture as I seek to follow Jesus.

I'm probably not the only one that wishes at times I could have an audio text from God about some decisions.  There are many times that I do not sense that I've clearly heard from God.  I pray and do not sense a clear direction from the Lord.  At those times, I try to make sure I'm walking in Biblical truth and in ways that are consistent with the Great Commandment (Mark 12: 29-31) and Great Commission (Matthew 28: 19-20).  I also want to make sure that the direction I'm going will glorify God (1 Corinthians 10:31). Then, there is always that matter of faith.  There are times where we have to move forward trusting God you are going in the right direction with a pure heart.  Oh yes, pray for that audio text while you are at it. If you get one, please let me know. 

Trusting God for the abundant life
Barry

3 things I thank God for today
1. Praying with my family
2. Audio texts
3. God speaks to us through the Holy Spirit

No comments:

Post a Comment