Sunday, October 19, 2014

Day 292- A Word Puzzle First

Today, I did a word association puzzle for my "first."

Laura mentioned the idea of doing a new type of word puzzle.  That sounded pretty interesting. I did what I usually do when I need to find out about something; I googled it.  Sure enough, there were a number of word puzzles that I discovered that I have never done.  I decided on the word association puzzle.  In this puzzle, they give you a list of three words. Then, you have to think of a single word that goes with each to form a compound word (or word pair that functions as a compound word). For example, if the given words are volley, field, and bearing, then the answer would be ball, because the word ball can be added to each of the other words to form volleyball, ballfield, and ball bearing.  Laura and Joel decided they wanted to try this one with me.  It was challenging and fun.  I did 10 and got one wrong. I enjoyed the challenge of making these word associations.

Here's a few if you want to try.
back
short
watch

The answer is stop- backstop, shortstop, and stopwatch.

Here's one more:
poke
down
motion

The answer is slow- slowpoke, slow down, and slow motion. 





One of the things I want to do for myself and others is to use everyday things to remind me/us about the Lord in some way.  For example, thunderstorms can remind us of God's power. When our ball team loses, it can remind us that Jesus is the only real winner.  When we change the channels on the TV, it can remind us that we need to be tuned in to Jesus.  When we get dressed in the morning, it can remind us that we need to be dressed in our spiritual armor.  When we take a shower, it can remind us that we need to be clean spiritually.

You get the idea.  Too many people think of the Lord mainly at church, but Jesus is so important that we need to think about Him as often as possible.  Why not look around and see what you can find to remind you of something about the Lord?

Seeing opportunities to think about Jesus in the abundant life
Barry

3 things I thank God for today
1. Song "Take Me to the King"
2. That God's Spirit produces fruit in our lives
3. The blood of Jesus that cleanses us from all sin

No comments:

Post a Comment