Monday, October 27, 2014

Day 300- A Grassy Liquid First

The last time Laura was out of town, she went to an Asian market.  While she was there, she saw a unique kind of drink that she thought would make a fun "first" for me.  It was called a Grass Jelly drink.  She got me honey flavor. I'm not sure what other flavors were available.  I'm also not sure what grass jelly is but it does not sound nearly as good as grape, apple, muscadine, or huckleberry jelly.

I drank a Grass Jelly drink (honey flavor) for my "first" today.






Joel wanted me to pour it into glass so he could see what it looked like. I poured a little in a glass. It sort of looked like tea.  I took a drink out of the can.  It tasted a bit like tea.  Laura tried it as well and she agreed that tea was the closest taste to this concoction.  I offered it to Hannah Grace and Joel and they declined rather vigorously.




I then took a pretty big swallow.  Much to my surprise, I got something solid in that drink.  There were chunks in my drink. If that is not bad enough, theere wer squishy chunks. That caught me off guard and not in a good way.  So, I poured the whole can into a glass and sure enough, there were chunks in it.  I guess that's the grass jelly. Laura declined to try any with chunks.  Instead of having a drink on the rocks, I had a drink with grass jelly.  I chose not to drink the rest of it.


The chunks would not have been so bad if I had known they were going to be in there.Sometimes life throws things at you that are unexpected.  Joel told me to strain the chunks out of my drink and then drink some more. There is no way to strain the unexpected difficulties out of life.  They will simply happen at times.  One of the benefits of being a follower of Jesus is that nothing is unexpected to Him. He is never caught off guard and is never surprised. He is never overwhelmed. He always knows what to do.  He always has a plan.  Those that are genuinely born again can never be separated from His love.  I love Romans 8: 38-39 which says, "For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come,  nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."  Regardless of what happens in  life, it is very reassuring that nothing will ever happen that can separate me from His love. Not even squishy chunks in my drink.

Glad that God provides an abundant life
Barry

3 things I thank God for today
1. Chance to preach revival at a neighboring church
2. God is never overwhelmed
3. I can never be separated from His love 

No comments:

Post a Comment