Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Day 302- An Improvement First

Today, I did a memory exercise for my "first."

I found this in a book.  It asked me to try to recall 6 things.  Here they are with my answers.  Feel free to play along with your own answers.

1. What were you thinking about 5 minutes ago?  I was thinking about how it is time for the kids to get to bed.
2. What were you thinking about an hour ago?  I was at church probably thinking about how I needed to get the kids home so they could get ready for bed.
3. What were you doing this time yesterday?  I was driving home from my small group Bible study.
4. What you had for breakfast 7 days ago?  A cup of coffee; I've gotten into a bad habit of not eating breakfast.
5. What you wore last weekend?  I wore jeans (big surprise there) and a lime green shirt. I remember because that's what I wore to the dolphin cruise.  I also remember that Laura wore an LSU shirt.  I wore my gray suit on Sunday.
6. Something you told yourself you would never forget.  Laura's birthday- it is on Christmas Eve which is really memorable, but also time where Christmas excitement is an full steam and so it would be easy to let it slip

I think I did pretty good.  I really do want to keep my memory sharp as I age.  It is hard and it takes work; this was a pretty fun exercise.  One guy wrote that we need to practice remembering things. If you go to the grocery store, try to remember as many things as you can without looking at the list.  When you call someone, try to recall the number before you simply pull them up in your contacts and click on their name. Your memory is like a lot of things; use it or lose it.

The gray suit from last Sunday

The green shirt I wore on the dolphin cruise.
 
Picture from the dolphin cruise. Rats!! I missed what I wore and what Laura wore.  Aarrggghhh.  At least I got the jeans part right.


Great memories

Never forget the cross


The Bible speaks about remembering.  In Psalms 119:55 the Bible says, "O LORD, I remember Your name in the night, And keep Your law."  We need to remember what God says to us in His word every day. It is easy to remember His word on Sunday, but we really need to remember it on Monday morning and Friday night.

The Bible reminds us to remember God's goodness.  In 1 Chronicles 16:12 the Bible says, "Remember His wonderful deeds which He has done, His marvels and the judgments from His mouth."  How wonderful it is to remember the wonderful things God has done. Can you remember the day you gave your life to Christ?  What a fantastic day that was.  Your eternity was changed that day.  Can you remember a day when God
  • Forgave a great sin
  • Reconciled a friendship
  • Answered a really big prayer
  • Brought a special person into your life
  • Healed you or someone you love
God has done some truly wonderful things.  Let's practice remembering them regularly and giving thanks for them.

Grateful for the memories of the abundant life
Barry

3 things I thank God for today
1. The day I was saved
2. The day I met Laura
3. The day I came to Hopewell


No comments:

Post a Comment