Sunday, December 14, 2014

Day 348- A Confession First

I preached today on the importance of speaking our faith.  As a faith challenge for the week, I challenged our people to use this phrase as often as possible this week, "Isn't it amazing that God ____?"  It just seems like a good way to confess that God is who He says He is and can do what He says He can do.

I went to some children's classes and asked them to complete the sentence, "Isn't it amazing that God ____?" for my "first."

Here are some of the answers I received:
  • Saved us
  • Sent us Son
  • Gave us Holy Grace
  • Gave us the Holy Bible
  • Died on the cross
  • Is our Savior
  • Is so loving
  • Gave us life
  • Gave us this church
  • Is powerful
  • Loves me
  • Is strong
  • Made the whole world





I found this written in one of the children's Bible study rooms


The kids had some great responses.  Rather than trying to come up with an answer to the question, would it not be honoring to God if we said those kinds of things from our hearts with a heart of awe?  God has called us to glorify Himself and speaking in high and noble ways about Him is one way to do that. It is God that we should speak of in the highest terms.  If I believe in a God such as the Bible describes, He is amazing and I should be amazed.  That's how God is glorified. When I see Him as amazing, rejoice in Him as amazing, and then live and speak like He's amazing then He is glorified. 

Sometimes we get used to phrases we hear in church like glorifying God.  Why not try this week to use the phrase, "Isn't it amazing that God ___?" as much as possible?  You might see God as more amazing than ever and you might help others see how amazing God is and glorify Him. It sure has helped me this week.

Seeing the amazing God in the abundant life,
Barry

3 things I thank God for today
1 Christmas musicals
2. Poinsettias
3. Notes from my children


No comments:

Post a Comment