Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Day 357- A Tacky First

Today I wore the tackiest shirt I own for my "first."

This shirt was given to me a few years back. I have yet to decide if this was meant to be funny or if the gift was serious.  I've never really had an occasion that I thought, "This shirt is just right for this occasion!"  Early on in the year of "firsts" I decided I would wear this shirt. It has taken me until now to actually wear it.

I needed to go to Wal-Mart this evening.  It hit me that I could wear my shirt now.  I did not have a "first" for today so it was time for the shirt.  Of course there would be a lot of people at Wal-Mart tonight.  As it turned out, I saw very few people I knew. In fact, I did not see any close acquaintances; especially those who would be likely to give me a hard time. I did see one guy that told me I looked like a tiger.  What could I say to that?  I chose to say, "Well, see you later."



A nicely dressed little buddy I saw in town


Most people try to wear something fairly appropriate to the occasion they are attending.  Notice I said most do.  I may be stretching that some. There are a lot of things I see people wearing that I'm not sure what occasion the outfit would be appropriate for.  There are some people when I see them in a particular outfit I'm convinced they do not own a mirror.  It would seem hard for someone to look in a mirror with certain outfits on and say, "I'm looking good today."

The Bible does tell us what Christians ought to wear.  In Colossians 3: 12-14 the Bible says, "Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity."  Now, that's an outfit that looks good on everyone and is right for every occasion.  It might even impact how we look.  Methinks everyone will be more attractive dressed in this outfit. I think I'll go change shirts now.

Dressing for the abundant life,
Barry

3 things I thank God for today
1. Spiritual armor
2. Toothbrush and toothpaste
3. Apostle Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment