Monday, December 15, 2014

Day 349- A Chilled First

This is one of my favorite times of the year.  I love the cooler weather that finally arrives after a hot summer. I enjoy football and hunting season. Then you have Thanksgiving and Christmas to celebrate.  Another reason Joel and I love this time of year is that satsumas get ripe- especially around Thanksgiving.  We love satsumas.

My sister has a satsuma tree in her yard and shares with us each year.  She called the other day and said if you peel a satsuma and put it in the freezer for about 20 minutes it is really good.  I peeled a satsuma, put it in the freezer for about 20 minutes, and then ate it for my "first" today.

This is definitely a "first" that I will do again.  Joel loves this "first" as well.  I enjoy satsumas and I enjoy cold satsumas.  This got it good and cold but it was not frozen.  What is not to like?  Another positive thing about this "first" is that it is good for you.  It has high amounts of vitamin C. This is a good way to eat my fruits.  Of course, somebody will probably say satsumas lose their health benefits if you freeze them. I sure hope not.







Sometimes we can find ways to make good things better.  People do all kinds of good things in our world.  One way to make them better that comes to mind is by doing them with great love.  The Bible says in 1 Corinthians 13: 1-3, "If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.  If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing."

It's good to help other people; it's even better to help them with great love.  It's good to worship and serve God. It's even better to worship and serve God with great love. It's easy to drift into a routine in the way we relate to God and each other and forget that motives are important as well as actions.  In fact, Mother Teresa said one time, "Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love." That's a great reminder to not only think about, but to put into practice today!  Now, I wonder what a frozen orange would taste like.

Looking for improvements in the abundant life,
Barry

3 things I thank God for today
1. Citrus fruits
2. Kindle books
3. Ability to communicate with language

No comments:

Post a Comment