Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Day 364- A Jase Cap First

I've noticed in the last several years that some people are wearing what I call a knit stocking cap all day. Jase Robertson on Duck Dynasty wears one almost every time I see him.  I see people in the summer wearing these caps.  I've worn them before but usually when I'm hunting or doing some outdoor activity when it is real cold.  Today I wore a knit stocking cap kind of like Jase's for my "first."

I wore my cap while driving, at the gas station, in a restaurant and everywhere else I went. I'm not sure what the attraction for this particular headwear but I thought I would give it a try during my year of "firsts." I only have one more day in my year of "firsts" so this was the day for it.

This has always looked like it would be hot and scratchy to me. I found it that it is hot and scratchy.  Today I was a bit of a hothead though I have not yelled at anybody or lost my temper with anybody.  My head was just kind of hot due to the cap.  It feels like my head needs to breathe a bit.  It is a pretty cool day that I chose to wear the cap all day, but inside it is hot.  I'm still not sure what the attraction is for wearing one of these all day and not just outside when it is cold.  The big advantage I found was that I did not have to worry if my hair was messed up.  It sort of settles the hair style issue for me.












Another "first," I had a fried egg on my hamburger

Joel loves some wings


The biggest reason I can come up with why people would wear one of these all the time (especially in the summer months) is that you are wanting to look like someone else.  It seems to me that most people that do this is because they are going for a certain "look."  The hot and scratchy feel is enough for me to abandon the look for all the time and wear a baseball cap in the summer.

This "first" reminded me of Romans 12:2 which says, "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."  There is no reason for us to copy someone else simply on the basis of image, possessions, popularity, or anything else.  We need to let God's Word shape our lives and not the whims and ideas of others.  Too much of our world bases their values and looks on something other than God's Word so we would do well to be careful who we are copying.  Jesus would be a very good Person to copy!

Being transformed in the abundant life,
Barry

3 things I thank God for today
1. Jesus is our best example
2. Salt
3. Freedom to choose

No comments:

Post a Comment