Saturday, March 8, 2014

Day 67- A Sidewalk First

Today my ear was itching so I stuck my finger in there and scratched the inside of my ear and a little bitty green ball came out on my finger. I found a little bitty green ball in my ear for a "first" today.  I really wish I was kidding about that. How did that get in there?  Where did it come from?  How long was it in there? Do I need to contact Jason Bourne?

I decided I needed another first for today.  So, today's real first is a surprise for the family.  I've never done sidewalk art with sidewalk chalk.  Our children love to do this and it's one of those things that I've never done and we did not do as kids.  So, tonight, I went out and wrote that I loved each family member with sidewalk chalk on the driveway for my "first."  They will see it tomorrow.

I tried to take pictures of this to post today.  However, my phone will not take pictures in the dark and I don't want to go looking all over the place for Laura's camera and then they'll know something is up when I go outside in the dark with her good camera.  So far, this covert operation has been very successful.  I was able to slip out and back in the house without being discovered.  I'll have to post some pictures of the art tomorrow if I remember and the chalk survives the night.  For now, I'll just post pictures of the people that I wrote a love note to with sidewalk chalk.




These are the unsuspecting recipients of a sidewalk art message. It's pretty fun to know that there will be at least one thing tomorrow that is going to be fun.  I'm pretty sure there will be more. If not, this will be a really odd Sunday.  I'll wake up a bit more excited in the morning wanting to see who will be first to discover their message, how excited will they be, and what they will say.  It only took a few minutes to do this but I'm thinking I'll be really glad I did when I see their reaction.  It's one reason why I wanted to do a year of "firsts."  It keeps me thinking every day of something new I can do. Today it was a new and fun way to say I love you to my family.

If you go to church tomorrow (I hope you do), don't forget to simply say "I love you" to Jesus. It is easy to get caught up in who's there and who isn't, what songs we are singing, what the sermon will be about (this one I typically have a pretty good idea about), and the order of the service and forget that this is all about saying "I love you" to Jesus.  Will you let the songs be a love song from your heart to His?  Will you tell Jesus that you love Him during the prayer time?  Will you say I love you to Jesus by obeying what He tells you to at church tomorrow?

Hey, maybe you can even find a new way of saying I love you to Jesus.  He will love that even if He is not surprised. He's really hard to surprise!

Loving the abundant life
Barry

3 things I thank God for today
1. Caramel corn
2. Healthy ears
3. Peanut butter covered pretzels

No comments:

Post a Comment