Sunday, March 23, 2014

Day 82- A Sunday School First

Today is Sunday; church day for us. I was going to my Bible Study class when I saw an opportunity for a "first." I teach the young adults (roughly 18-35 years old).  Our class is at the end of the hall. So I stick my head in each class and say hey on my way to my class.  When I stuck my head in the kindergarten class, they were coloring a picture of the world. It's been a long time since I've colored in Sunday School. Today, I colored in Sunday School for my "first."

The kids were very accepting of me coming in to color.  I found out there were some pretty good colorers (sp.?) in there.  So, I had to concentrate and do my best to hang with these guys.  As we were coloring the world, I told the kids I knew a Bible verse about the world.  So, I started sharing John 3:16 with them.  When I did, a young girl named Saranel said, "I know that verse."  So, I stopped and asked her to say it and she did a great job.  Then I asked if anyone else knew it and a young man named Jackson raised his hand. So, I asked him to say it and he said it word perfect. I asked them if they knew what it meant that God loved the world and Cade spoke up and said it meant that God loved all the people of the world.  I was having some fun with my new class!

SS class hard at work

Saranel laying some John 3:16 on us

Fun times with the kiddos

Pretty awesome coloring happening here


I think mine's pretty good

I ran out of blue and so part of my ocean was green.  You can tell we are pretty proud of our work. I asked Jackson if mine drawing was better or someone else's. He said they were the same.  That's a kind boy! Well, it was getting into the lesson time and I had to go teach my class and let Mrs. Rhonda teach hers.  I am very grateful for people who spend their time teaching children about Jesus.  I know that our children teachers love Jesus and love the children.  They are about planting God's word in the hearts of our little ones.  We don't need to get too busy or too important to spend time with the kiddos.  Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world. If He does, then we should, too.  Jesus said in Luke 18:17, "Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it at all.”  It sounds like we have some pretty powerful lessons to learn from children. Certainly, we should be teaching them, but we also need to learn from them.  Maybe this week, you can take some time and some colors and have some fun with the little ones.  If you watch, you might just learn something about your relationship with God. 

Looking for some childlike qualities to the abundant life,
Barry

3 things I thank God for today
1. People who teach children in Bible Study
2. A holiness plaque I received as a gift from a teenager that related to my sermon this morning
3. God's holiness

No comments:

Post a Comment