Thursday, March 27, 2014

Day 86- A Disney Character First

It's been a slow day for a "first" for me today.  I took a video and uploaded to FB of Laura and Hannah Grace doing the "cold water" challenge to raise awareness of the need for clean drinking water in Africa.  That's probably a "first" but not really.  So, I decided to take one of those stupid quizzes on FB (how do you really feel about them Barry?) for a "first."

The first one I decided to take was "What Hollywood Celebrity is my Twin?"  That sounds kind of fun. It was not. OK, those questions were ridiculous.  I had to quit when I got to the question that asked me which member of some boy band I liked the best. Really??? I did not even know it was some band until Hannah Grace told me.  So, I switched and took one on which Disney character I was most like. Laura and the kids thought that would be fun. So, I took a "What Disney character are you like" quiz for my "first" today.

I take the test.  It is really pretty stupid as well. Now, in the middle of all of this the Internet goes out at our house so this is not being a lot of fun. The questions don't really have any answers that fit me.  Maybe I'm not much of a Disney character.  After moving through the maze of silliness, I finally get my results. I was really kind of hoping for Pluto.  I got Mickey Mouse.



OK, I need to come clean here. I got Mickey Mouse on the second quiz.  When I took the first quiz, I actually got Minnie Mouse.  Really??? Is this quiz thing out to humiliate me or something?  So, I went to a different site and took a different quiz and that is where I got Mickey Mouse.  This "first" was turning out to not be so much fun.

I just don't see the resemblance


I'm glad my identity is not determined by a Disney quiz.  My identity is determined by God and who He says I am in Christ. Several years ago I read a book by Neil Anderson and in the book he took what the Bible said about who we are in Christ. These statements are for the born-again Christian.  Here are few:
I am God’s Child. (John 1:12)
I have been justified. (Romans 5:1)
I am united with the Lord and one spirit with Him. (1 Cor 6:17)
I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins. (Col 1 13-14)
I have been bought with a price; I belong to God. (1 Cor 6:19-20)
I am a member of Christ’s body. (1 Cor 12:27)
I have been chosen by God and adopted as His child. (Eph 1:3-8)
I am complete in Christ. (Col 2:9-10)
I have direct access to the throne of grace. (Heb 4:14-16)
I know that God is working all things together for my good. (Rom 8:28)
I cannot be separated from the love of God. (Rom 8:31-39)
I am confident that He who began a good work in me will be faithful to complete it. (Phil 1:6)
I am a citizen of Heaven. (Phil 3:20)
I have not been given a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind.      (2Tim 1:7)
I am born of God and the evil one cannot touch me. (1 John 5:18)
I am the salt of the earth and light of the world. (Mat 5:13-14)
I am a branch of the True Vine, and a channel of His life. (John 15:5)
I have been chosen and appointed to bear much fruit. (John 15:16)
I am God’s temple. (1Cor 3:16)
I am God’s co-worker. (1Cor 5:20)
I am God’s workmanship. (Eph 2:10)
I am a minister of reconciliation. (2 Cor 5:17-21)
I am a saint, a holy one. (Eph 2:19)
I am an ambassador for Christ. (2 Cor 5:20)

Now, that is much better. That is not make believe either; that is Bible truth about who God says the true believer in Christ is. Hallelujah!!

Happy for the abundant life
Barry

3 things I thank God for today
1. Every member of my family took the cold water challenge to raise awareness for clean drinking water in Africa
2. Pluto
3. Who God says I am in Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment